What is GRE? Know all details about GRE Exam
The Graduate record examination (GRE) is the paper that is conducted by the Educational Testing Service or ETS. GRE is one of the largest assessments for graduate admissions. Every year millions of students attempt the GRE general test from over 160 countries.
There are many international universities in the US, Canada and in other countries that measure the GRE score with the strength of the candidate’s IQ level. But these GRE scores are most popularly measures for the MS Course in the USA. Every year, a large number of students appear for the exam because the majority of universities are high in accepting the GRE Scores.
Exam Pattern of GRE
Normally the GRE scores are accepted for graduate admission but many aspirants who want to pursue the masters’ degree like MBA or Ph.D. also require scoring good marks in the GRE general test. The GRE test paper is of two types-
- G RE General Test
- GRE Subject Test.
GRE General Test
This is the paper that is conducted for the candidates who want to do the MS course in different fields in various countries including the US. This paper includes questions related to quantitative ability, analytical writing, and verbal reasoning skills.
GRE Subject Test
This paper is conducted to measure the ability of the student in a particular subject. This tests score is required to take admission for a particular subject in some specialized course. The paper includes subjects like Biochemistry (Cell and Molecular Biology), Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology, and Literature (English). GRE subject paper is held for three times in a year in April, September, and October.
Eligibility for GRE papers
The GRE examination is an open exam which can be an attempt by any candidate. Still, there are some basic rules which every aspirant has to follow to register for the paper.
There is no age criterion for the candidates who want to appear for the GRE. Anyone with a specific qualification can register for the paper.
There is no particular degree or certificate is required for attempting the GRE paper. Only a graduate degree from a recognized university is needed.
The candidates have to show their original passport as an identity proof at the exam center. So, if you are planning to apply for GRE, it is better to make your valid passport before registration.
Exam fees for GRE
The exam fees for GRE are very high but if once students will be selected then they will get good scopes in career. The fees for:
- GRE general test is $205 which is equal to INR 14,322.
- GRE Subject test fees are $150 which is equal to INR 10,480.
In case if candidates want to change their exam center or want to reschedule the paper then the extra amount of fees is required to be paid for the same exam. Apart from these, there will be an extra amount to be paid for late registration, standby testing, GRE subject change fees, etc.
Steps to register for GRE paper
There are many ways to register for GRE in which you can select according to your comfort. Several ways for registration are Online, Phone, Mail, and fax. Follow the steps and register:
- Create an ETS account by applying at www.ets.org/gre.
- Choose the exam you want to appear which is the GRE General or GRE Subject Test.
- Select the exam center and date of the exam in which you want to appear.
- Submit the required academic details.
- Make the online payment when asked by submitting the registration fees.
- Take the print copy of the application form.
- Call the Regional Registration Center (RRC) and if you are Indian then your office is at ‘Prometric’ located in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- The number for both offices is 91-124-4147700.
- It is necessary to call at least two business days before your preferred test date.
- Your confirmation number, reporting time and the test center address will be given to you after you will call.
- The online payments will be made through CB, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Visa credit or debit card.
Take the print of the application form, fill it with all the information and send it to the following address along with registration fees. The address is:
2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower–A
Sector 25, Phase II,
DLF City, Gurgaon,
Haryana – 122002
Follow all the steps like the mail registration and send it to 91-124-4147773 along with the fees. Your form must be received at least seven days before the test date.
GRE center in India
There are 22 cities in which the GREs are held. The city names are
- New Delhi
Important things to keep in mind while GRE registration
- Information should be the same in ETS application form and passport. Name, DOB and other additional info should match each other documents.
- There are two types of pattern, computer and paper test. Confirm your location that which mode of paper is available and then fill the application form.
- Before registration, read all the important policies of the authority regarding the GRE paper.
- The GRE Exam
- Top highly paid MBA jobs
- How to increase reading comprehension
- How to get a job abroad?
- What is textiles management
- How Preparation for CAT (Common Admission Test) 2020
- How to Create a Static Front Page
- What is the domain name and How to Register Web address
- 5 Best SEO Optimization Tips and Tricks
- Top 10 Competitive Keyword Research Tool for Bloggers
- Top High Ranking Websites To Get Rankings on Google