National Eligibility Entrance Test which is popularly known as NEET is a national level medical entrance exam held to select many students for MBBS/BDS admission in all MCI/DCI approved colleges in India. Every year more than 15 Lakhs candidates apply at NEET to shine their career as a doctor.
The exam is conducted by NTA and is said to be the largest entrance test of the year. The colleges have minimum seats with high cut-off and extremely high competition. To crack the paper of NEET, the student needs to do smart studies. They have to know the proper strategy and tricks to complete the paper within time.
In this article, we will let you know about some of the necessary information and best pattern of studies so that you can crack the NEET 2020 in your first attempt.
Exam pattern 2020-21
Before preparing for any exam it is necessary to know about its pattern. Here is a pattern of the exam:
- The exam mode will be offline on paper mode.
- The question will be of objective type in various language medium in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- The paper will be of 720 marks which will be divided among 180 questions.
- The three subjects will be divided among the 180 questions equally. 45 questions from Physics, 45 questions from Chemistry 45 Questions from Botany and 45 questions from Zoology.
- Every correct answer will give you 4 marks while each wrong answer will deduct your 1 mark.
- Within 3 hours, every student has to complete the paper.
Syllabus of NEET 2020-21
The syllabus of the NEET will be same as like the previous year. Some important guidelines are there to remember which will help the students while preparing for exams. You can check the latest update for syllabus at https://ntaneet.nic.in/.
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plant
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
NEET will include the various questions from 11th and 12th standard’s Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. NTA has released many sample papers on its website which can give an idea to students about the pattern of the paper.
Essential Tips while preparing for NEET
As we all know that the NEET preparing students have very less time for searching, thus we have maintained a list of some effective tips. Take a glance at some of the best and helpful tips:
- The first rule of NEET preparation is to maintain your focus in your school classes. Don’t fully depend on coaching classes. Try to clear your doubts in school. You will get much more extra things to know at coaching.
- Be familiar with the exam schedule to plan a perfect timetable to cover the syllabus.
- Make a rule to follow the timetable. The daily activity of every child is different from one another so don’t copy other’s timing of studies. Make your own daily routine activity list so that you can follow it with your interest.
- Make smart studies by adopting many strategies and tricks. Prepare yourself for the NEET with the combination of hard work and smart studies.
- Don’t indulge yourself fully in the books. Make some leisure time for yourself. Watch TV, net surfing, meeting friends, playing and even give time to your favorite hobby. This will make your mind fresh and active for the studies.
- Make a format of study. Divide the total chapters of the syllabus into several days and try to complete them to achieve your decided goal.
- Prepare yourself for exams by solving various MCQs and mock tests. After the completion of every chapter, solve several MCQs related to that topic.
- Try to complete the syllabus before exams so that you can get enough time for revising.
- Don’t shade your weakness. Try to face it and discuss it with your mentors to get the best solution.
Important books to study for NEET preparation
Mostly the students go through their 11th and 12th syllabus books. But this is not enough. There are many other NCERT books which is helpful for the preparation of NEET. The question in NEET comes on the concept of NCERT. So, based on NCERT, some books are highly recommended to every student while preparing for the NEET.
Physics preparation Book
- Objective NCERT at your fingertips for NEET AIIMS- Physics MTG Editorial Board
- NEET 2020 Physics Guide- 5th Edition- Disha Publications
- Concepts of Physics-H.C. Verma
- Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations-D.C. Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics-Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Complete NEET Guide- MTG Editorial Board
Chemistry preparation Books
- 40 Days Chemistry for NEET- Sudhanshu Thakur
- Organic Chemistry- Morrison and Boyd
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 1&2- R.K. Gupta
- Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry- O.P. Tandon
- Bull’s Eye Chemistry NEET Edition 2019- Seema Saini and K.S. Saini
Biology Preparation Books
- Question Bank for Biology- Dr. Ali
- Complete NEET Guide: Biology- MTG Editorial Board
- NEET 2019 Biology Guide- 5th Edition- Disha Publications
- Elementary Biology Volume 1 & 2- Trueman
- Objective Biology- Dinesh
- How to Prepare For JEE Main & Advanced Exam
- NEET क्या है? NEET परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करें
- What is NEET? How to prepare for NEET Exam
[content-egg module=Youtube template=custom/responsive]
[…] What is NEET? How to prepare for NEET Exam […]
[…] What is NEET? How to prepare for NEET Exam […]